Job Title: Part-Time Licensed Professional Counselor and Outreach Specialist, Independent Contractor
Compensation: $40 per hour, up to 20 hours per week- 20% of hours focused on Outreach
Organization: Daemion Counseling Center, 95 Howellville Road, Berwyn, PA 19312
Daemion Counseling Center is a non-profit community-based mental health counseling center committed to helping community residents in the four county Greater Philadelphia area navigate life’s many transitions by providing expert yet affordable care. We serve clients ages 14 and up, including individuals, families, couples counseling and support groups. We are dedicated to “giving hope an hour at a time,” helping clients turn the corner from helpless or hopeless toward hope.
We are seeking a licensed professional counselor to conduct outreach into the communities we serve (Chester, Montgomery, Delaware, and Philadelphia Counties, with a specific focus on Phoenixville) to build and establish relationships/alliances with organizations and school districts for presentations, support groups, and individual counseling.
Goals and Objectives:
- To build your client base by establishing 6-10 clients/session hours per week within 3-6 months
- To provide presentations to organizations in the community about topics of relevance to the audience
- To provide quarterly presentations
- Establish and conduct support group programs
- To inform the community about Daemion Counseling Center and its services
- To increase the client base by 20% within one year
- To create and provide 4-6 community presentations on topics approved by the President/CEO.
- Partnerships may be established with other organizations for presentations on additional topics.
- To address topics of relevance to the staff of participating organizations via quarterly presentations and one-on- one counseling.
- To provide 2-4 support groups during the year
- Check voicemail; respond to calls within 24 to 48 hours.
- Check and update Google Calendar for appointments/changes in appointments.
- Obtain client signature on a release of information form at the beginning of the evaluation indicating who the evaluation is to be sent to: Judge, attorney, probation officer, school, etc. Release of
information must be updated every 90 days.
- Set-up client files; follow the format provided.
- Prepare and maintain all required treatment records and reports.
- Collect information about clients through interviews, observation and tests.
- Maintain a copy for the file of any outgoing correspondence.
- Collect fee, record and manage money according to Daemion’s policy.
- Complete client data report weekly and submit client report each month for statistical purposes.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counseling program and clients’ progress in resolving identified problems and moving them towards defined objectives.
- Submit an appropriate evaluation instrument and a copy of the intake form per new client each week for statistical purposes.
- Bring client files to weekly supervision meeting with your supervisor.
- A master’s or doctoral degree in counseling from an accredited institution
- Passage of the National Counselor Examination (NCE) or an equivalent exam
- Continuing education to maintain licensure in the following years
- Adherence to a strict Code of Ethics and recognized standards of practice, as regulated by STATE BOARD
OF SOCIAL WORKERS, MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPISTS AND PROFESSIONAL COUNSELORS
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance and Criminal History Record Check
- Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification Form
- FBI Clearance for PDE (PA Department of Education)
- Professional Liability Certificate of Insurance
- At least 2 years of counseling experience
- We are seeking someone who has previous experience running support groups
- Experience with teen and young adult counseling, a plus
Located in close walking distance from SEPTA Regional Rail, R5, Berwyn Station.
Clients are seen in the Daemion office, 95 Howellville Road, Berwyn, PA, Monday to Friday, from 9-5PM.
Evening hours are by appointment only. Telehealth offered with a provided laptop for use in meetings with staff and clients. Support groups may be held on or off-site during the day/evening during the week/weekends.
Flexibility to travel to client sites desired.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls.