Seeking a Licensed Professional Counselor or Social Worker for part-time position.
Job Title: Part-time Licensed Professional Counselor or Social Worker. Independent Contractor
Organization: Daemion Counseling Center, 95 Howellville Road, Berwyn, PA 19312
Daemion Counseling Center is a non-profit community-based mental health counseling center committed to helping community residents in the greater Phoenixville area navigate life’s many transitions by providing expert yet affordable care. We serve clients fourteen (14) and up, including individuals, families, couples counseling and support groups. We are dedicated to “giving hope an hour at a time,” helping clients turn the corner from helpless or hopeless toward hope.
We are seeking a Licensed Professional Counselor or Social Worker to provide a client-centered approach to therapy and counseling of individuals and families, as well as lead support groups on various topics. Outreach in the Greater Phoenixville area is critical to the position. The position will work in-person as well as utilizing telehealth. Position to start immediately. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. www.daemioncounseling.org
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead community outreach initiative and client acquisition in Greater Phoenixville area
- Assessing mental health conditions and disorders using recognized evaluation tools to measure outcomes
- Collect information about clients through motivational interviews, observations, and evaluation instruments
- Help clients manage disorders through best practice techniques ranging from psychotherapy to cognitive behavioral therapy, drug & alcohol evaluation and Anger Management classes
- Providing counseling to support groups on a wide variety of topics
- Performing research and evaluations to gather data, inform decision-making or assist larger groups or communities in making positive change
- Managing paperwork; maintaining updated client files, treatment plans, and administering evaluation instruments according to schedule
- Attend monthly staff/peer meetings. Participation in Phoenixville monthly community organizations networking meetings
- A Master’s or Doctoral Degree in counseling from an accredited institution
- Passage of the National Counselor Examination (NCE) or an equivalent exam
- Continuing education to maintain licensure in the following years
- Adherence to a strict Code of Ethics and recognized standards of practice, as regulated by STATE BOARD OF SOCIAL WORKERRS, MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPISTS AND PROFESSIONAL COUNSELORS
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance and Criminal History Record Check
- Professional Liability Certificate of Insurance
- A minimum of two years of counseling experience
- Experience with outreach and client acquisition
- Knowledge and experience with running support groups
Clients will be seen at a Phoenixville location, Daemion’s office, 95 Howellville Road, Berwyn, PA or via telehealth. Support groups may be held on or off-site during the day/evening during the week/weekends. Flexibility of work hours and to travel to client sites desired.
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] daemioncounseling.org by November 15, 2021. Please, no phone calls.