Job Title: Part-Time Licensed Professional Counselor or Social Worker, Independent Contractor
Organization: Daemion Counseling Center, 95 Howellville Road, Berwyn, PA 19312
Daemion Counseling Center is a non-profit community-based mental health counseling center committed to helping community residents in the four county Greater Philadelphia area navigate life’s many transitions by providing expert yet affordable care. We serve clients ages 14 and up, including individuals, families, couples counseling and support groups. We are dedicated to “giving hope an hour at a time,” helping clients turn the corner from helpless or hopeless toward hope.
We are seeking a licensed professional counselor or social worker to provide a client-centered approach to therapy and counseling of individuals and families as well as to lead support groups on various topics. Position to start immediately. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. www.daemioncounseling.org
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assessing mental health conditions and disorders
- Collect information about clients through motivational interviews, observations, and evaluation instruments
- Help people manage disorders through best practice techniques ranging from psychotherapy to cognitive behavioral therapy, drug & alcohol evaluations and Anger Management classes
- Providing counseling to support groups on a wide variety of topics
- Performing research and evaluations to gather data, inform decision-making or assist larger groups or communities in making positive change
- Participate in community outreach and client acquisition
- Managing paperwork; maintaining updated client files, treatment plans, and administering evaluation instruments according to schedule
- Attend monthly staff/peer-to-peer meetings
- A master’s or doctoral degree in counseling from an accredited institution
- Passage of the National Counselor Examination (NCE) or an equivalent exam
- Continuing education to maintain licensure in the following years
- Adherence to a strict Code of Ethics and recognized standards of practice, as regulated by STATE BOARD OF SOCIAL WORKERS, MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPISTS AND PROFESSIONAL COUNSELORS
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance and Criminal History Record Check
- Professional Liability Certificate of Insurance
- At least 2 years of counseling experience
- We are seeking someone who has previous experience running support groups
- Experience with teen and young adult counseling, a plus
Located in close walking distance from SEPTA Regional Rail, R5, Berwyn Station.
Clients are seen in the Daemion office, 95 Howellville Road, Berwyn, PA, Monday to Friday, from 9-5PM. Evening hours are by appointment only. Support groups may be held on or off-site during the day/evening during the week/weekends. Flexibility to travel to client sites desired.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by April 2, 2018. Please, no phone calls.