Daemion Counseling Center relies on the energy and commitment of volunteers each year to keep our services affordable for our clients. There are volunteer opportunities for everyone, from high school students and up. Become a volunteer by submitting a Volunteer Application today.
Mark Horoszowski described some of the benefits of volunteering:
- Volunteering makes you feel like you have more time.
- Volunteering your skills helps you develop new skills.
- Volunteering your body helps you have a healthier body.
- Volunteering your experience helps build your experience.
- Volunteering your love makes you feel more love.
[Horoszowski, Mark. “5 Surprising Benefits Of Volunteering.” Forbes. Forbes Magazine, 19 Mar. 2015. Web. 05 July 2017. ]
Taste of Berwyn™ 2017
- Manage Signs –putting up and taking down
- Face painters
- Help with children’s activities
- Social Media
- Traffic Management
- Staff the Welcome Tent
- Set-up and break-down
- On-site volunteer during 5-8PM on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings.
- Encore Volunteer, LPC- to see clients on your schedule
- Assist with a variety of clerical and data entry tasks
- Bulk mailing in October
- Provide professional expertise and experience to benefit Daemion through committee work, for example volunteer recruitment, community outreach, and fundraising committees
People Helping People
In 2016, 1,898 volunteer hours were donated for a cost savings value of $44,705. It is Daemion’s incredible volunteers that allow us to provide affordable professional mental health counseling to those in need of our help.