Licensed Professional Counselor Job Description
Job Title: Part-Time Licensed Professional Counselor, Independent Contractor
Organization: Daemion Counseling Center
Daemion Counseling Center is a non-profit community-based mental health counseling center committed to helping community residents navigate life’s many transitions by providing expert yet affordable care.
We are seeking part-time licensed professional counselor to help our clients to improve their lives, careers and family situations. In addition to providing individual counseling, this person will establish and lead support groups on various topics in the community. This individual will also market his/her expertise and the Daemion brand by participating in public speaking engagements as well as periodically writing blogs on topics associated with mental health. Position to start immediately. EOE
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess client mental health conditions and disorders; collect information about clients through interviews, observations, and evaluation instruments.
- Help people manage disorders over time through best practice techniques, ranging from psychotherapy to cognitive behavioral therapy and more
- Suggest/monitor/adjust broad courses of treatment and outcomes; may include referrals to other providers or agencies offering different types of services/support
- Offer more brief, targeted interventions for a single issue, such as the death of a loved one or an assault
- Supervise the practicums and internships of new counselors
- Manage notes and paperwork associated with client records
- Conduct outreach in the community to build your client-base, and attract clients to other Daemion therapists or events.
- Research, prepare and present on various topics to support groups, community organizations, schools, residential living communities, etc.
- Write blogs or articles for Daemion website or newsletter
- Attends bi-monthly staff meetings
- Interacts with Program Committee
- A master’s or doctoral degree in counseling from an accredited institution
- Licensed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Passage of the National Counselor Examination (NCE) or an equivalent exam
- Continuing education to maintain licensure in the following years,
- Adherence to a strict Code of Ethics and recognized standards of practice, as regulated by STATE BOARD OF SOCIAL WORKERS, MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPISTS AND PROFESSIONAL COUNSELORS
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus
Clients are seen in the office Monday to Friday, from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Evening hours are by appointment only and scheduled in conjunction with counselors availability. Support groups may be held during the day or evening during the week and weekends. Scheduling flexibility is important. Must be willing to travel to locations in Southeastern Pennsylvania for speaking presentations and individual counseling.
Reply to: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls will be accepted.